Wednesday, July 7, 2010

a few of my favorites...


Thirty five smiles... all of these kids were my students in English class at La Fundacion


Andres, Oscar and Brian... after class, it took about 10 minutes for these little guys to actually leave, they kept coming back to the window and saying "Bye teeesherr!"


The littlest ones... even though the letters were hard to write and the words even harder to pronounce, I loved watching the effort these kiddos put in to trying!


Beauties... Paula and Katarina, two young girls so anxious to learn... and be loved

Every day in Colombia was a chance for me to learn something and let God stretch my faith in him. I love the Colombian people, I love the culture, and I see the need for so much more that can be done...

Unfortunately, while playing with some of the kids I re-injured my knee (the same one with the long history or surgeries), and after a lot of prayer and counsel have decided to come home and let my doctor in California try to fix it again. I will be anxious for God to open the door to go back to Colombia, because I think the story is just beginning there...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie! Im praying for you... Im really praying that things with your knee work out. And I hope and pray that God reopens the doors for you, he is definitely doing something there!

    ReplyDelete