Thursday, June 10, 2010

¡Estoy aqui!

Made it to Bogota! Although I have not even been here a full 24 hours yet I wanted to share a few things about Colombia that make me smile:

1. The big, scary, drug-sniffing dog that stands at the customs counter with an agent is a 15 pound beagle. And I pet him behind the agent´s back, very cute dog!

2. I don´t speak a lot of Spanish, and no on here speaks English, which means I pretty much just smile at people and say "no entiendo," and they laugh and smile back- proof that a smile works in any language.

3. There are no traffic laws in Colombia. Well, I´m sure they exist, but I couldn´t tell you what they are because it is pretty much every car for itself. It does make every ride a little more interesting for the backseat passengers though.

4. My name is really hard for Colombians to pronounce for some reason, it usually comes out like "kay-see" or "kay-lee" and sometimes just a long, drawn out "kay..." But to be honest, it makes me feel much better about my terrible Spanish accent.

So, when I have more stories I´ll be back to share them!

All my love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment