Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sonia


I think she might have one of the most important jobs in the world. Day in and day out, she visits the families hurting the most in this neighborhood. She shows them compassion and love, and never leaves without a powerful prayer of encouragement. Everyone knows Sonia, and everyone loves and trusts her. But, Sonia does not mess around either. She sets a high standard for the families she works with, encourages them to go to church, to get the kids to school, and to work hard. She believes in help but not handouts, sympathy but not apathy, strength and not surrender. Sonia is walking grace and truth. I've been spending at least part of the last few days with her, gone with her on home visits, and seen her interact with both parents and kids from la Fundacion. In my eyes, Sonia is a saint, and I am beyond blessed to be in the wake of this woman while I am here in Bogota.

2 comments:

  1. I can see this entry being written about you someday! How cool to be able to see the life poured out by own of God's key players!

    ReplyDelete